- MAILING ADDRESS:
Town of Minong
W7095 Nancy Lake Road
Minong, WI 54859
- TOWN OFFICE HOURS: 8AM to 3PM; Monday-Friday (unless posted)
- TOWN OFFICE PHONE NUMBER: 715-466-5916
- FAX: 715-466-5917
- E-MAIL: email@example.com
- EMERGENCIES: For fire or ambulance dial 911 and give your name and town fire number.
OTHER EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBERS:
- COUNTY SHERIFF: 715-468-4720
- POLICE INFO: 715-466-2266
- RANGER STATION (burning permits): 715-466-2022
- CONSTABLE: Erik Gulbrandsen @ 715-466-2519 or 715-781-8566
– GENERAL INFO –
The Town of Minong is located in northwestern Washburn County in Wisconsin. The Town Hall is located at W7095 Nancy Lake Rd. where monthly meetings are held, there is also an open pavillion area and playground (pictured below) which is free use. The office is open to the public during regular hours and may be reached by phone at 715-466-5916.
The aim of this website is to serve the informational and advisory needs of our viewers and residents. Information is updated on a regular basis; please use the links to the left to navigate the information you desire.
- Population: 935
- Miles of town roads: 113.6
- Lakes: 27 named & 32 unnamed in the town
- Parks: Totogatic, Bass Lake & Bond Park (in the Village of Minong)
- Power companies serving the town: Dalhberg & East Central Energy
- Telephone companies: CenturyTel
TENTATIVE CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETINGS: Normally the 2nd Monday of the month at the Town Hall at 7:00pm. For posting purposes; zoning items need two weeks prior notice – All other agenda item requests should allow 10 days prior notice: This timeline is necessary in order to get approval, give notice to the board, and meet posting requirements…
ANNUAL MEETING: Usually the 3rd Saturday of April at the Town Hall at 9 A.M.
OPEN BOOK: August to October at the Town Hall usually on a Saturday – assessor is present to meet with property owners about assessment questions.
BOARD OF REVIEW: At least 15 days after the Open Book – at the Town Hall – objection forms are required to file a complaint at this hearing. These can be obtained at the Town Office or from the assessor at the Open Book.
BUDGET HEARING: November, at the Town Hall. Public mtg. to review and approve the budget, expenses and set town tax levy.
LAST DAY FOR PAYING FOR TOWN SNOWPLOW SERVICE: October 15th
LAST DAY FOR PAYING FIRST 1/2 (OR IN FULL) OF PROPERTY TAXES: January 31st
POSTING PLACES & NOTICES:
All meetings, agendas, elections, etc. are posted at required times at the following places:
- Town Hall Door
- Town Hall parking lot posting board
- townofminong.us Website
- Spooner Advocate (as required)
Residents: please note, to have topics placed on an upcoming agenda: allow 10 days after your notice for approval: This timeline is necessary in order to get approval, give notice to the board, and meet posting requirements. Thank you!